Become A Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of THOR Detachment, please contact our Junior Vice Commandant or you can bring a completed membership application to our next monthly meeting.
- Persons who are serving or who have served honorably in the United States Marine Corps, “ON ACTIVE DUTY, ” for not less than ninety (90) days.
- Persons who are serving or who have served in the United States Marine Corps Reserves and have earned no less than ninety (90) Reserve Retirement Credit Points.
- United States Navy Corpsmen who have trained with FMF units for not less than ninety (90) days and earned the Marine Corps Device (clasp) worn on the service ribbon.
- Those who earn the Welfare Device authorized for FMF Corpsmen.
- Korean War Era Marines who were ordered to active duty prior to completion of recruit Training or Officer Training and subsequently received an honorable discharge prior to completion of ninety (90) days of active service or reserve duty.
Those individuals not qualified for regular membership, but who espouse the principles and purposes of the Marine Corps League as contained in its Congressional Charter may, upon application to the Detachment, be accepted for Associate membership. Associate members, upon acceptance, shall pay dues in the same amount as prescribed for regular members, including any initiation fees. An associate member shall be entitled to the rights, privileges, and benefits of a regular member. However, no associate member shall vote on membership applications, election of officers, or hold an elected office.
- Individuals applying as associate members, who are serving or who have served in other branches of the United States Armed Forces must have served honorably.
- Individuals applying as associate members must have reached the statutory minimum age for enlistment into the United States Marine Corps or Marine Corps Reserve.
Any member of the Marine Corps League in good standing may become a Life Member upon proper payment of the required fee as set forth in the National By-Laws. Current THOR Detachment members applying for Life Member status must have been a member of THOR Detachment, and in good standing, for a minimum period of one (1) year.
All members of the THOR Detachment, other than Life Members, shall renew their dues annually. Dues shall be set by THOR Detachment and the current cost is $30.00 per year. This sum shall be submitted together with the application for membership.